Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Deconstructing David Crowe


Next to Henry Bauer, David Crowe is my favorite AIDS Denialist.

It was, after all, David Crowe who took me under his wing to give me a bird's eye view of AIDS denialism. Crowe and Henry Bauer taught me that AIDS Deniers are sincere when they say that HIV does not cause AIDS. In fact , they don't just say it -  they live it! Crowe and Bauer really believe that HIV is harmless and that HIV tests are invalid.  It is their reality.  Using my nickname, Joe Newton (for obvious reasons), the psychopathology that runs through Denialism was vividly displayed by my AIDS Denialist mentors. AIDS Denialism is no joke...still it is easy to mistake David Crowe the AIDS Denialist for David Crowe the comedian. 

I recently saw David Crowe's (the AIDS Denialist) latest essay. Trying to keep the legacy of former South African Denialist President Thabo Mbeki in our hearts and minds, David Crowe rants that AIDS In Africa is caused by poverty, HIV tests are invalid, the numbers are cooked, blah ......  

I have not read Crowe's essay myself. I tried. I cannot. I am finding it increasingly difficult to read the same old crap spewed by AIDS Denialists, over and over and over again.


That is why I was happy to see that JTD, a frequent commentator on my blog,  takes Crowe to task and debunks his latest rant.

I met JTD at the Harvard Symposium on AIDS Conspiracy Theories and Denialism last October.  That is also where I met Pride Chigwedere, a Harvard researcher that Crowe targets in his latest rant.

Good to see JTD deconstructing David Crowe. Which is sort of like molding wet tissue paper - just a touch and it falls apart.

A fun read well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment