Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How AIDS Denialism Can Kill You

Ever wonder why so many of us take time from our days to rant about AIDS Deniers?

Well, it is because AIDS denialism is undermining our efforts to prevent and treat HIV infection. No one cares about a bunch of sad old nuts like Duesberg, Bauer, Rasnick, and Null. It is the people who listen to them that we care about. People who want to believe that HIV is harmless. Who want to believe that they can cure themselves with magic potions and home-made enemas.

Some who buy into AIDS Denialism get out in time to face their diagnosis. Others deny AIDS to their death.
To see the harm that AIDS Deniers are doing to each other, look no further than the discussion group at AIDS Myth Exposed.

A member recently wrote the following,

“I just got out of the emergency room after having to rehydrate myself intravenously. While there, stool samples were taken and it has been determined that I have Cryptosporidiosis in my intestines. My doctor called to tell me that with only 80 t-cells, this is no surprise. Upon doing some research on the internet, the parasite is responsible for wasting syndrome. This is my first "opportunistic disease" and it has me scared. It looks like this infestation is hard to get rid of - unless the t-cells get to be above 200. Food is going right through me - as are liquids. I'm doing my best to stay hydrated. I've had to call in sick from work and I don't have the cash to see an alternative doctor.



My brief history: Diagnosed "HIV" in 2002. "Aids diagnosis" in 2005. Tried two horrible cocktails since then. Became aware of the dissident movement and have been off of meds for 3 years now. And now, after researching the internet, I see I have to take some kind of "orthodoxy" steps: Get rid of the parasite with some harsh meds and then go on meds to get my t-cells above 200... Any insight?”


The responses to this guy’s plea for help range from the pathetic to the criminal.

...“So sorry to hear about your troubles. Obviously, you need to do whatever it takes to weather this storm and then you can take time to sort things out. You may well need to put yourself in the hands of an orthodox doc that you trust. They will no doubt treat you with antibiotics and put you on some sort of ARVs. You may have to do this since things are progressing rapidly. There is, however, from what I've read, little to indicate that antibiotics can help if one's immune system is severely compromised. It also seems that treatment can alleviate symptoms but not actually effect a cure.

You can also get yourself some of the well-known more natural substances known to have antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal properties. These include colloidal silver, oregano oil, olive leaf extract and coconut oil. I don't know if crypto responds to parasite cleanses probably designed for larger organisms, but there are several similar protocols which can be purchased that include wormwood, cloves and black walnut tincture. They might be worth a try.”

.....“An alternative strategy would be to restore the damaged intestinal ecology which must, in the overwhelmning number of cases, be a prior condition to having diarrhea. Even in the highly implausable scenario that an infection with cyrpto is active the qualifying factor is always that there is a pre existing weakened immunitity. That means not to put the cart before the horse because no matter want the existing tendency in the body to develope diarrhea in a person who has not been out of the country it is the condition of the weakened intestinal ecology and never a common pathogen which is issue.

Since RX drugs will greater damage the already damaged immunity a person must carefully and critically review their choices.

The most obvious choice to approach chronic diarrhea and weight loss once the known causes like antibiotic damage and travel out of the country is discounted is to restore the intestinal ecology. The approach of killing microbes is the last resort because the effects of these drugs are the single biggest factor in destroying ones health.

Ideas about T Cells like needing to have more than 200 as you mentioned have only 2 common important things to know. 1- there is no evidence that T Cell numbers correspond to any state of disease or health. 2- the evidence that being involved with the type of people who can test for t cells, namely doctors, can damage or kill a person is undisputedly true. By talking the type of T cell nonsense that you have be deceived into believing in you are in the biggest risk group - namely treatment by MD's with RX drugs. This type of extreme and dangerous approach is always the last therapy choice never the first or second.”

...“Intestinal problems and diarrhea were very common problems for sexually active gay men pre-AIDS. I can't remember how many times I was tested for parasites, or put on Flagyl presumptively because doctors didn't want to bother with stool specimens, or perhaps they didn't trust the labs ability to detect.

Recommending specific treatments based on the very limited information grz999 has presented, other than to caution about the dangers of HAART, is a pretty speculative business, if you ask me. What is obvious is how susceptible grz999 and other questioners still are to fear-based nonsense. Reading about that from others is helping me to recognize that susceptibility in myself.”

...."I am grateful to the dissident movement for educating me about the poisons out there (especially AZT and it's sister drugs). Because of this knowledge, I am in a much better place to manage my own HAART (should I decide to go on it temporarily) to kill whatever fungus or growth I have in my gut. For the record, I realize that testing "positive" simply means that I have 10 positive results to 10 proteins that have something to do with the immune system. I believe that a 10 for 10 positive result means something as well (as is my case). Since being involved with the movement, I have seen 4 deaths from the group b/c of their beliefs. Two guys believed that juicing was the answer - one friend (from Alive and Well) died in San Juan - trying to go all natural and "cleanse" his body."
Recognize the insanity of AIDS Denialism.

See a real doctor.

Find the courage to face your HIV infection.

Treat it using state of the science medicine.

Be an AIDS Realist, not an AIDS Denialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment